Education » Articles » 10 Ways to Save at the Pump
10 Ways to Save at the Pump
With gas prices continuing to climb, there are several steps you can take to save yourself money.
- Buy a fuel-efficient car. Large, heavy vehicles can burn up to three times as much fuel as a small car. UW Credit Union has great auto loan rates.
- Make sure your air filter is clean.
- Keep your tires filled with the right amount of air.
- Keep your clutch adjusted.
- Have enough oil in your car, and get your oil changed regularly.
- Choose the route with the flattest terrain and fewest stops.
- Use your air conditioner sparingly.
- Remove unused bike and luggage racks to make your car aerodynamic.
- Keep the windows closed when traveling at high speeds.
- Avoid traffic jams and stop and go traffic.
Visit our Auto Research Center to learn about the perfect car for you before you drive home.