Education » Articles » ATM Safety Tips
ATM Safety Tips
When using an automated teller machine (ATM), it's important to take precautions.
- Have your card ready. Rummaging for your card could distract you.
- Avoid using machines that are secluded or poorly lit.
- Shield the ATM keypad so no one can see you enter your PIN.
- Cancel your transaction and leave if you feel uncomfortable or see anything suspicious.
- Put away your cash and card immediately. You can count the money later.
- Roll up passenger windows and lock your car doors when using a drive-up ATM.
- Save your receipt and verify it with your statement!
Can we help you get a UW Credit Union Visa® debit card?