Education » Articles » Travel Safe This Summer
Travel Safe this Summer
Review these financial safety travel tips to keep your money safe and secure.
- Limit the amount of plastic you take with you. Two credit cards or one credit card and one debit card (for cash withdrawals) are recommended.
- Notify your financial institution that issued your debit and credit card that you are traveling. Notify UW Credit Union in Web Branch
- Carry traveler's checks. Use for back up if your credit and debit cards are lost or stolen.
- Get foreign currency. $100 will cover expenses such as taxi fares, etc. before you change money.
- Safely carry your money. If you don’t have a hotel safe, keep your money, credit/debit cards, passport and airline tickets on you at all times. Don’t carry everything in a purse or backpack.
- Leave behind valuables. This includes jewelry, family keepsakes and your Social Security Card.