Moving money almost anywhere in the world is fast, easy, safe and convenient with wire transfers. Please note: domestic wire transfers usually occur within 24 hours, while international transfers vary, typically reaching the destination within 7 business days. To complete a wire transfer, log in to Web Branch and select Wire Transfers under the services or visit our nearest branch. Be sure to gather the following information prior to beginning your wire transfer to streamline the process.
Wiring Funds to Your UW Credit Union Account
The sending institution will need the following information:
- ABA Number: 2759-7907-6
- Our Name: University of Wisconsin Credit Union
- Our Address: 3500 University Avenue | Madison, WI 53705
- Your full name, address (as it appears on your account), UW Credit Union account number
Note: UW Credit Union does not have a Swift Code, IBAN or other international routing code, nor do we have a correspondent bank. You are able to wire funds to your UW Credit Union Account without this information. Your international financial institution will have a corresponding bank in the U.S. they can wire to, which will forward the funds to UW Credit Union using our ABA routing number: 2759-7907-6.
Wiring Funds From Your UW Credit Union Account
UW Credit Union will need the following information:
Please note: you must present a Class A ID to initiate a wire transfer.*
- Receiving financial institutions name, ABA number (domestic only), Swift code (or other international banking code), and receiving financial institution’s address
- Recipient’s name, address (as it appears on their account), phone number and account number
Special Wire Requirements
Some countries require additional codes or other information to complete international wire transfers. The codes can be obtained from the beneficiary’s financial institution. Please provide this information when initiating a wire transfer.