UW Credit Union strives to be a force for good where we work and live. It's in that spirit of service that we support local charities, financial wellness programs and scholarships that truly make a lasting impact.
From affordable housing to racial justice to financial education, we support hundreds of worthy causes annually. Just last year, UW Credit Union gave more than $1 million to local charities and nonprofits across Wisconsin.
Some organizations we are proud to support include:
- United Way of Dane County
- United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County
- Foundation for Black Women's Wellness
- UW-Milwaukee Life Impact Program
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Milwaukee's Grad Plus
- Literacy Network of Dane County
- Filene Research Institute's Center of Excellence for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Educational Giving & Scholarships
As a credit union founded on a college campus, we are fierce advocates for students and learning.
We provide hardworking students with thousands of much-needed scholarship dollars annually. And, we offer paid internships and youth financial literacy events to help young people build a strong foundation for their future success.
We are committed to providing valuable and affordable services that promote people's financial health.
This includes free financial seminars on important topics and common financial concerns, such as budgeting, borrowing, homebuying, credit and debt. Our workshops are free and open to the public.
We also offer free Credit Consultations for members and non-members by phone or in person. These no-obligation, no-judgement sessions provide a professional review of your finances and ways to help you save and improve your financial situation.
More Ways We Give Back
At UW Credit Union, we find new and innovative ways to put our values to work. Other ways we support our community include:
- Employee volunteering - We provide paid volunteer hours to our employees for the chance to give back on an individual level.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) - Every year UWCU employees volunteer to help low-to-moderate income families file their taxes, saving tens of thousands in tax prep fees for hundreds of people.
- Shred-It - We offer secure document shredding several times a year in Madison and Milwaukee that's free and open to the public. Follow us on social for details on upcoming Shred-It events.
- Local sponsorships - We support a variety of community events and services through sponsored opportunities, such as citywide bike sharing programs in Madison and Milwaukee.
- Branch advocacy - With locations across Wisconsin, including La Crosse, Green Bay and Stevens Point, our branch teams connect with hyperlocal causes through volunteering, donations and sponsorships.
Our Values-Driven Philanthropy
Our giving and volunteering follow our mission and align with our values to generally fall under one or more of our highest priorities:
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Access to higher education
- Stable housing
- Family-supporting employment and financial stability
- Environmental sustainability