Community Values Scholarship
Now Accepting Applications!
Student members who meet the eligibility requirements are invited to apply for a Community Values Scholarship. Applications will be accepted from February 15- March 31, 2021.
Scholarship Program Details
At UW Credit Union, we see the potential in every member and we take pride in supporting them as they strive to achieve their goals. Through our Community Values Scholarship program, we support undergraduate students who see the potential in themselves, the promise in their communities, and are striving to achieve great things.
Each year, UW Credit Union awards ten $3,000 scholarships to student members who share our commitment to making our communities stronger and better places to live.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal scholarship candidates will show focus, determination, commitment, and an innovative spirit when working toward a goal. They will demonstrate the ability to balance multiple priorities - school, work, family, extracurricular activities - while remaining focused on what they’re striving to achieve. They will have learned valuable lessons along the way, which will have only strengthened their resolve and clarified their path forward. They view higher education as a means to help them attain their goals. They are changemakers who believe they have the power to make communities stronger and healthier.
All applicants must be:
- New or returning full-time undergraduate students
- Enrolled in a UW System school, Madison College or Edgewood College in the fall of the application year
- Members in good standing of UW Credit Union for at least 6 months from the application deadline (either individually, or joint on an account with a parent or guardian)
Candidates will demonstrate commitment to their community through volunteerism, community-centered employment and/or school activities.
UW Credit Union employees, board members, volunteers and their family members are not eligible to apply. Previous recipients of the Community Values Scholarship are not eligible to apply.
How To Apply
Click the link below to begin your application. You will be required to provide:
- A completed application form
- A resume outlining your work experience, education background, awards and school/community involvement
- A copy of your most recent high school or college transcript
- Responses to three essay questions:
- Describe a way you have contributed to your school or community.
- How did your contribution impact your school or community?
- What did you learn from the experience?
1Complete & Submit an ApplicationAnnually from mid-February through March, members may complete and submit an application form.
2Application ReviewIn April, the Scholarship Committee reviews applications based on eligibility and criteria requirements.
3NotificationIn May, all applicants will be notified of scholarship recipients.