Government Shutdown Assistance
UW Credit Union is here to help our members impacted by the government shutdown. If you have questions about the offers below, please contact us.
Shutdown Relief Loan Support
We’re offering two lending options to support members who are affected by the recent government shutdown.
Shutdown Assistance Personal Loan
Receive a low-rate personal loan with special terms to help overcome financial hardships resulting from the shutdown.
- Up to $5,000
- Fixed rate of 1.90% APR1 for 36 months
- No payments and no interest for the first 90 days
- Available for all credit tiers
- No application fee, monthly service fees or prepayment penalties
Monthly loan payments can be deferred for up to three months on eligible personal loans and vehicle loans.
- Does NOT appear as a late payment on member’s credit report
- Loan term is simply extended
- Member chooses how many monthly payments to defer, from one to three payments
- No application fee or service fees
How to Apply
To apply for a Shutdown Assistance Personal Loan, call 800-533-6773, option 1. Or, stop by a branch to apply.
To apply for Loan Deferment, call 800-533-6773, extension 2828.
Applications for these offers are not available in Web Branch.