Our Launch Account is a simplified debit account designed especially for 14- to 17-year-olds, with no joint account holder required.
Accounts Just for Teens
For teenagers ages 14-17 who are ready to start managing their finances, our Launch Account is a secure option that provides the freedom to take charge—while ensuring peace of mind for parents.
- No monthly fee
- No minimum balance
- No overdrafts
- No checks
- Free debit card
- Online and mobile banking
Teens, start your application online. Then, visit a branch to finalize your account and pick out your personalized debit card.
- A parent/guardian does not need to be present when you visit a branch.
- You will need to know your Social Security number and will need to bring some money to put in your new account.
- Be sure to bring a driver’s license, passport or state ID. (Learn how obtain a state ID here.)
Spend Only What You Have
The Launch Account has no overdrafts, providing extra security as young spenders learn how to balance their accounts and keep track of their finances.
If you don’t have sufficient funds to make a purchase, the transaction will simply be declined, which means your account shouldn’t go negative and you won’t incur overdraft fees.
Manage Your Money Anywhere
We stay on the cutting edge of online and mobile banking technology, and it’s all included when you open your Launch Account:
- Download our Mobile App—Check your account balance, make person-to-person transfers, sign up for Notifications to receive account alerts, deposit checks instantly with Mobile Deposit, and much more.
- Log on to Web Branch—For secure desktop access, Web Branch is available with all the same features available on our Mobile App.
- Link to your Mobile Wallet—UW Credit Union accounts are compatible with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay™ for quick and secure payments using your mobile device.
- Sign up for Direct Deposit—If you have a job, you can ask your employer to send your paychecks directly to your account with Direct Deposit.
Plus, we’re serious about security, using safeguards that exceed industry standards including encryption technology, added verification layers and account locking after a set number of login attempts.
Exclusive Card Designs
Select your favorite card design—you can even show your school spirit with a campus debit card.