Before you jump headfirst into the homebuying process, it's worth considering your unique financial situation and how it'll impact the hunt for your perfect home.
- Explore the process: Know where you're going and how to get there.
>> Understanding the Mortgage Process
- Know your credit score: In addition to knowing your credit score, it's important to understand its impact and how you can improve it.
>> Why Credit Score Matters
- Discover how much home you can afford: Knowing how much you can afford will shape the entire homebuying process.
>> How Much Can You Afford?
Preparing to Apply
In today's current (and very competitive) market, being well-prepared can give you a serious advantage in finding your home. Use these tips to make your homebuying experience as smooth and rewarding as possible.
- Explore loan options: Connect with a friendly mortgage loan officer who can help you figure out which home loan product is best for you.
>> Compare Loans
- Connect with a real estate agent: Check out our list of questions you should ask when looking for an agent.
>> Finding a Real Estate Agent
- Start with a preapproval: Having a preapproval in hand gets you closer to making an offer and securing your dream home.
>> Get Preapproved
- Find the right home: Being prepared and knowing what you want and need in a home is essential.
>> Shopping for the Right Home
Prepare for Closing
You've found your home, put in an offer, and the seller accepted it! Now what?