What to Know Before You Apply
We are currently processing extremely high volumes of mortgage refinance applications.
You should know:
- Your refinance may take 90 or more business days to be completed from the time you authorize the mortgage loan officer to move forward.
- Due to the unprecedented circumstances, your rate cannot be locked at the time of application.
- You will be able to review and lock your rate during the refinance process.
What happens after you apply:
- We will contact you by email in the order your application is received, within 10 business days.
- We will send status updates by email as your application is processed.
- To help us work quickly, please avoid calling or emailing us to check your application status.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. We look forward to serving you!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I lock my rate now?
Unfortunately, your rate cannot be locked at the time you submit your application. First, we must review your application to make sure we proceed with the best option for your needs. After our initial review, you will have the opportunity to lock your rate.
How can I see the status of my application?
When you apply for your refinance, you will create an account where you can log in to upload and review documents as well as track your application status. We will also send you email updates as your application is processed.
Why does the refinance process take so long?
Due to low interest rates, thousands of homeowners want to refinance and save money. High volumes of applications have resulted in longer-than-normal wait times for lenders nationwide, including UW Credit Union.
When will loan rates increase?
While we can make no guarantees, rates are expected to stay low for the foreseeable future.