Graduate Student LoansApply Now
Take your education further with a graduate loan.
When federal aid, scholarships and grants aren't enough, our private student loans designed for grad school can help you pursue your advanced degree.
- Borrow up to $20,000 per school year for a lifetime maximum of $75,000.
- Choose a fixed- or variable-rate loan.
- Take up to 15 years to repay once repayments begin.
- Get a 0.25% rate reduction with automatic payments.1
- No hidden fees, no annual fees, no prepayment penalties.
- Easy application process - see what to expect.
- For parents who want to support grad students, explore our family loans.
Repay your way:
- Pay right away - You can start making payments as soon as you want to help save on interest.
- Pay after school - Defer payments for up to 5 years, as long as you are enrolled in school at least half-time.
- Take a break - Enjoy a 6-month grace period after graduating or dropping below half-time status before repayments begin.
- Interest only - You can request up to 6 months of interest-only payments over the life of your loan.2
Rest assured we're on your side. Our friendly experts work with you to make sure college costs are covered and you don't borrow more than you need.
Have Questions or Need Help?
Do You Need a Cosigner?
If you're just starting out and have limited income or credit history, you may need a trusted friend or family member to cosign for your graduate student loan. A cosigner guarantees they will pay back your loan if you cannot do so. We will tell you during the application process if you need a cosigner. A cosigner release is available upon request after you've made 36 consecutive, on-time payments.3
Easy Student Loan Process
Our online student loan application is simple. See how it works and what to expect for timing.
View Eligible Schools
Attend any public or private non-profit college in the U.S., including UW schools and Madison College.
Refinance Student Loans
Already have student loans? Learn about refinancing to simplify your budget and pay off loans faster.