Refinance Student LoansApply Now
Should I refinance my student loans?
Refinancing lets you trade in your high-rate student debt for one low-rate loan with a single monthly payment. If you're looking to pay off your debt sooner with a shorter term, lower your monthly payment with a longer term, or consolidate your loans into one simple monthly payment, you're in the right place.
When you refinance your student debt with UW Credit Union, you can:
- Refinance one loan or multiple loans (minimum of $5,000 total). Federal loans, parent PLUS loans and private student loans can be refinanced.
- Get a fixed or variable rate with a term of 5, 7, 10, or 15 years.
- Get a 0.25% discount on your rate when you enroll in automatic payments.1
- Request interest-only payments for up to two, 3-month increments.2
- Forget about hidden fees. You won't pay a cent in annual fees or pre-payment penalties.
- Get help from our experts any time you need it. The refinance process is easy to navigate, and we're always here to help.
- Take a Break - Over the life of your loan, you can request up to two, 3-month increments of interest-only payments and up to two, 3-month increments of forbearance (skip a payment).2
Have Questions or Need Help?
Request a call from our student loan experts to get the answers and guidance you need.
Refinance - Variable Rate
Refinance - Fixed Rate
Take an additional 0.25% off your rate with automatic payments!1
Easy refinance process
Our online application process is simple. See how it works and what to expect when you refinance your student loans.
Finance your education
Planning for a degree? Explore our private student loan options to help finance your studies and reach your goals.