Undergraduate Private Student Loans
Write the next exciting chapter in your life. A UW Credit Union Undergraduate Private Student Loan can give you the additional funds you need to get your degree, so you can pursue even bigger goals.
Undergraduate - Variable Rate
Undergraduate - Fixed Rate
About Our Undergraduate Student Loans
Limits and Key Eligibility Requirements
- Borrow up to $15,000 per school year; $50,000 lifetime limit
- Minimum loan amount of $1,000
- Attend any UW campus, Madison College or 4-year, public or private, non-profit school in the U.S. View a list of eligible schools here.
- $10,000 in annual income and sufficient income to support payments
- If you don’t meet income and credit history requirements, you may need a cosigner
- You must be a UW Credit Union member to apply. Not a member? Start your loan application, and then sign up to become a member. Joining is easy!
Benefits and Features
- 15-year repayment term
- No fees or prepayment penalty
- 0.25% interest rate reduction with automatic payments1
- Cosigner release option after the first 36 consecutive, on-time payments2
- Access to student loan experts to help you through the process
Applying for an Undergraduate Private Student Loan
Our online application process is easy. To get started, you’ll need the following:
- Identification & Contact Information – your Social Security number, driver’s license number, address information, phone number and email
- Employment Information – your annual salary and employer’s name, address and phone number
- Cosigner’s Information – if applicable, you’ll need to include your cosigner’s name and email
Got questions? Talk to an expert at 800-533-6773, ext. 2950. We’re here for you.