UWCU Accepting Applications for Board of Directors Election
Four directors will be elected by membership in April 2022
For members interested in serving on the UW Credit Union Board of Directors, the Nominating Committee is now accepting applications.
The credit union is a member-owned cooperative, governed by a nine-member volunteer Board of Directors. The Board is comprised of active members of the credit union and is selected by the membership through a democratic election process.
In accordance with UW Credit Union’s bylaws, the Nominating Committee recommends candidates to be included on the election ballot. Four directors will be elected by the membership in April 2022. Results will be announced at our annual meeting in May.
- Serve up to a three-year term
- Establish the guiding policies of the credit union
- Monitor the performance of the credit union and member satisfaction
- Make decisions in the best interest of the membership
- Attend monthly meetings held in Madison, Wisconsin
- Participate on committees that meet periodically
Learn More or Request an Application
Learn more about UW Credit Union governance. You can request an application packet by calling 800-533-6773, ext. 2272. Interested individuals must be at least 21 years old and have been a member of UW Credit Union for at least one year prior to Feb. 28, 2022. The deadline to receive completed applications is Jan. 24, 2022, at 5 p.m. CST.
A word from Steph Harrill Kyle, Community Partnerships Manager