Community Values Scholarship
1Complete & Submit an ApplicationAnnually from mid-February through March, members may complete and submit an application form.
2Application ReviewIn April, the Scholarship Committee reviews applications based on eligibility and criteria requirements.
3NotificationIn May, all applicants will be notified of scholarship recipients.
Scholarship Program Details
The credit union has a long history of community support through efforts that positively impact quality of life. Our Community Values Scholarship Program1 provides college scholarships to students who are committed to community service.
The scholarship recognizes individuals who share the credit union’s commitment to making our communities stronger and better places to live.
Five scholarships in the amount of $3,000 each will be awarded to new and returning undergraduate college students. Half of the scholarship funds will be directly deposited to the student’s tuition account first semester, with the remaining half deposited for second semester.
Evaluation by the UW Credit Union Community Values Scholarship Committee takes place annually in April, and scholarship applicants will be notified by mail with results in May.
- Applicants must be new or returning full-time undergraduate students attending a UW System school, Madison College or Edgewood College in the fall of the application year.
- Applicants must be members of UW Credit Union for at least 12 months from application deadline, either individually or joint on an account with a parent or guardian, and their account must be in good standing.
- UW Credit Union employees and their family members are not eligible to apply. UW Credit Union Board members and volunteers, as well as their family members, are also not eligible to apply.
- Previous recipients of the Community Values Scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants must have demonstrated a commitment to their community through community service work and school activities.