Guide for First-Time Homebuyers
Buying your first house is an exciting new experience, but it also might seem overwhelming and complicated, too. Our articles and resources are designed to empower you with the knowledge you need to confidently achieve your goal of homeownership.
Homebuying 101: Preparation
As a first-time homebuyer, you probably have lots of questions, and might not know where to begin. These articles will equip you with all the basic knowledge you need to put your plans into action.
- 10 Stages of Buying a Home
- Buying a Home vs. Renting
- Shopping for the Right Home
- How Much Home Can You Afford?
- Hidden Costs of Homeownership
- Saving for a Down Payment
- Money Management Preparation
- Finding the Right Real Estate Agent
- Why Your Credit Score Is Important
Before You Apply for a Mortgage
Let us demystify the world of mortgages for you. Once you’ve explored these articles and resources, you’ll have the know-how to move ahead with getting your first mortgage.
We’ll Help You Start the Mortgage Process
- Expert help from experienced loan officers
- Loan options to fit your budget
- Quick, local lending decisions
The Lowest Closing Costs + More Discounts
Don’t bother shopping around for the lowest closing costs. They’re right here.
Plus, take up to $1,250 more off1,2—and if you find lower costs somewhere else, we’ll make it worth your effort.**
Preparing for Closing on Your Home
You’re almost there! Closing on your home is the final stage when you sign on the dotted line (many times!) and take ownership of your home. These resources will help you know what to expect and get fully prepared before closing day arrives.