UW Credit Union MembershipOpen Account
Opening a savings account with $5 is all it takes to establish your UW Credit Union membership, which makes you an owner of the credit union with an equal voice and vote in how we are run.
Check our membership eligibility to see all the ways you can qualify to become a member.
Credit unions are organizations that offer the same services as other financial institutions, such as checking accounts, credit cards, loans, and investment services. There are a few key aspects that distinguish UW Credit Union.
Support for Your Financial Well-Being
We offer a variety of resources to help you make smart financial choices.
- Free credit consultations
- Free financial, homebuying and retirement seminars
- Free financial counseling through GreenPath
- College scholarship program
- Free access to your credit score
- Free tax preparation services
- Surcharge-free ATMS
- On-site Investment Services
Great Rates on Loans and Accounts
Whether you're looking for a low-rate credit card or financing for your first home, UW Credit Union has low rates and a multitude of offers to help you save.
- Credit cards with no annual fees and a wide range of rewards
- Low rates on mortgages and auto loans
- High rates on savings products
- Checking accounts with low or no fees and free debit cards
- Long-term savings and retirement solutions
- Low closing costs on mortgages
- Local, in-person support and quick service
World-Class Technology and Security
Unlike most financial institutions, we build our technology in-house with an incredible team of software engineers and user experience designers. You can always count on our online and mobile banking to offer the latest features and the best security and account protection.
- Online banking solutions such as payment scheduling and money transfers
- Mobile App
- Mobile Deposit
- Account security, including card lock/unlock, notifications and mobile travel verification
- Send Money with Zelle®
Other Helpful Services and Discounts
- Free notary services
- Free branch coin machines
- Discount on B-cycle membership
- Free and secure document shredding events
Join our membership of more than 260,000 people, and discover the credit union difference.
How Are Credit Unions Different?
We work for the betterment of our members and communities.
- Member owned – Everyone who uses the credit union is a member-owner.
- Not for profit – Earnings go back to the credit union to bring you better rates and value.
- Equal vote – All members have a say in decisions, regardless of your account balance.
- Volunteer board – Our board of directors is elected by our members.
- Community impact – A big part of our purpose is giving back to our communities.
- Financial education – We want to empower people to be financially well.
- Competitive rates – Enjoy higher savings dividends and lower loan rates.
- Fewer fees – We don’t want our members to pay fees.
- NCUA insured – Deposits are federally insured by the NCUA.