Resources to Help During
UW Credit Union is here for members impacted by COVID-19. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact us.
In-Person Appointments Coming Soon
We are opening our branch lobbies for in-person appointments beginning in mid-June. This by-appointment approach will assure safe social distancing for the well being of our members and employees. Be sure to check our website, social media and your email for updates. In the meantime, we encourage you to continue to use Web Branch, visit us in the drive up or schedule a phone appointment. We look forward to serving you in-person!
Apply for a Loan Payment Extension
If you’re concerned about loan payments during COVID-19, UW Credit Union has options that may help.
Request up to three months of no payments on loans and lines of credit in good standing.
To make a request, fill out our online form.
Is your payment past due? We’re here to help! For overdue payments, contact our Collections Department at 800-533-6773, ext. 2828 to discuss your situation. If you are behind on your mortgage payments, please call our Mortgage Servicing Department directly at 866-912-4871.
Apply for an Emergency Loan
For existing UWCU members who have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak, we are offering a low-rate personal loan to help with budgeting concerns.
Loan funds can be used for purposes such as to supplement income loss, pay bills and cover expenses related to COVID-19. Learn More and See FAQs
How to Apply
To apply, please call 800-533-6773, option 1 during regular business hours. Or, fill out our personal loan application and select 'COVID-19 Assistance' as the purpose of your loan. In the comments section, please include details about why you are applying and how you will use the loan funds.
See Other Special Loan Offers
Make no payments and pay no interest for 90 days on refinanced auto loans.
Refinancing your auto loan from another lender with UW Credit Union could be a smart way to lower your rate, lower your monthly payment, or pay off your loan sooner to save on interest.
Now through September 1, when you bring your auto loan to UW Credit Union you’ll benefit from no payments and no interest for 90 days.1
The application process is fast and easy. Apply online today to start saving money!
Learn More About Economic Impact Payments
The federal government recently announced that relief payments will be made to most taxpayers.
If you’re anticipating an economic impact payment, here are a few things you should know:
- You can check the status of your payment and any required next steps on the IRS webpage, Get My Payment.
- Funds will be sent to you based on information in your 2018 and/or 2019 tax filing.
- If you provided your account information in your tax filing, you likely don’t need to do anything to receive your money via direct deposit.
- If you did not provide your account information in your tax filing, visit Get My Payment to set up direct deposit of your money.
- If you don’t set up direct deposit, you will likely be sent a paper check through the mail. We recommend using Mobile Deposit to deposit your paper check from the safety of home.
Information for Direct Deposit
If you need to set up direct deposit at irs.gov/coronavirus, you will need:
- Your Account Number: Log in to Web Branch or our Mobile App, select your account, and go to the ‘Details’ tab to view your account number.
- UWCU Routing Number: 275979076
Watch out for scams! Fraudsters will try to cash in on your money. Don’t let them! If anyone tells you they can access your payment for you faster, they are a scam – no one can do that.
- Communicate only with the IRS at irs.gov/coronavirus.
- Be suspicious of anyone who calls, emails or texts you about your relief check.
- Never give out your account details or personal information to strangers.
- Be on the lookout for phony emails pretending to be from the government.
Access Your Accounts from Home
Explore digital features to help you manage and control your finances from home 24/7.
During this time of social distancing, our drive ups and phone lines are experiencing higher-than-normal volume. Manage your accounts from the safety of home with Web Branch and our Mobile App. New user? Sign up for Web Branch online in just a few minutes.
It’s all fast, easy to use, secure and completely free! Popular features include:
- Mobile Deposit – Skip the trip to the drive up and deposit your check with just a photo.
- Online Payments – Pay everything online! Including UWCU loans and credit cards, utility bills – you can even send money to friends and family.
- Card Management – Request a new debit or credit card, change your PIN, cancel a lost card and more.
Rest assured that essential banking services will continue without change, including:
- Debit and credit cards
- Telephone access
- Secure messaging in Web Branch
- Automated payroll and other electronic deposits
- Fraud protection
Remember, your deposit accounts are federally insured and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government. Learn more
View Branch & ATM Availability
Check the current availability of branch drive ups and ATMs.
Beginning March 14, we took the precautionary step of temporarily suspending our in-person lobby services. All drive ups are still available during regular hours and offer essential banking services.
Most ATMS will continue to function without interruption. Keep in mind some ATMs, such as those in campus buildings, may be temporarily unavailable due to restricted facilities access.
You are welcome to visit our drive ups on bicycle or as a pedestrian. For your safety we recommend using the lane closest to the building and ask you to be alert as you mix with traffic.
How We're Supporting Community Health
The health and safety of our members, employees and community is always our top priority.
- Lobby service is temporarily suspended – drive ups are open. View drive-up hours and locations here.
- Seminars, in-person appointments and public events are on hold. We’ll resume activities as soon as it’s safe.
- Extra cleaning and sanitizing. Our regular cleaning and sanitizing schedule has been ramped up.
- UWCU employee support. We have extended additional paid sick time to all employees and increased our work from home capabilities.
- We donated $150,000 to relief funds. Our charitable giving will directly benefit families in Dane, Milwaukee and Waukesha counties. Read our press release.
- Emergency loans and loan extensions. We’ve funded over $2 million in emergency personal loans and deferred more than 2,000 loan payments. Hear from UWCU leadership about our lending practices.
- Donations with every new account. We’ve teamed up with Jonathan Taylor to give back and boost Wisconsin spirit. Learn more.
Beware of Scams
In uncertain times it is typical to see an increase in fraud scams against consumers.
Please be wary of unexpected emails or phone calls that may try to take advantage of you. Be on the lookout for scammers impersonating charities, government agencies and medical companies.
We remind all members that we will never call or email you and ask you to verify information we already have. And, we will never initiate a call to you and ask you to read to us a security text code.
Learn more about what you can do to keep your personal information safe and to keep your cards, accounts and identity secure.
We’re committed to supporting your physical, emotional and financial well-being during the COVID-19 crisis. Read our financial stability guide for tips on these topics and more:
- Handling a financial setback
- Moving forward after losing a job
- Retooling your budget for emergencies
- When to dispute a credit card charge
- Managing money-related stress
- Navigating federal and state assistance programs