Browse the latest press releases and news articles from UW Credit Union. Stay up to date on company updates and announcements.
Pewaukee Chosen for Future Branch
Land purchase sets the stage for 2025 retail location.
UW Credit Union Hires Rolando De León for Milwaukee-area Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Role
The lifelong Milwaukeean brings nearly two decades of experience to the credit union
UWCU Named a Green Master
Designation recognizes comprehensive approach to sustainability
UW Credit Union’s Commitment to Hispanic/Latinx and Immigrant Communities Earns National Recognition
The credit union is now the largest credit union in Wisconsin with “Juntos Avanzamos” designation.
UWCU Offering $3,000 Scholarships to Student Members
Applications for the 2024 Community Values Scholarship program are open.
UW Credit Union 2023 Q4 Financial Performance
"UW Credit Union’s history of positive earnings ... has created the financial strength to enable the credit union to meet member needs during challenging times.”
Franklin Branch Re-Opens Feb. 14
Location once again providing onsite services.
New Corporate Headquarters
Credit Union remains in the city of Madison.
UWCU Accepting Board Candidate Applications
Three directors will be elected by membership in April 2024
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Learn more about how we put our values to work for all.
- Latinos are underbanked. UW Credit Union is trying to change that.
- UW Credit Union CEO Talks Cutting Overdraft Fees and Equitable Banking
- The Result of a 10-Year Approach
- UW Credit Union: A Community-Focused Institution That Helps Members Build Credit and Reach Financial Goals
- UW Credit Union is cutting overdraft fees in an effort to make banking more equitable
- Notable BIPOC Executives: Fe Cooper
- UW Credit Union Gamifies Branch Staff
UW Credit Union Facts
- Nearly 333,000 members and over 900 employees
- Over $5 billion in assets
- Federally insured by NCUA
- 33 branch locations serving Madison, Milwaukee, Whitewater, Green Bay, Oshkosh, La Crosse and Stevens Point
- Campus branch locations on UW-Madison, UW-Milwaukee, UW Oshkosh, UW-Whitewater, UW-Green Bay, UW-La Crosse and Madison College
- Consumer-oriented financial services cooperative, governed by member-elected board
Chief Marketing Officer