Refinance Student LoansApply Now
Student Loan Payments Resumed on October 1
You probably have questions on what you need to do and what options you have to keep your payments manageable and your life on track. Check out our repayment guide for answers.
Should I refinance my student loans?
Refinancing lets you trade in your high-rate student debt for one low-rate loan with a single monthly payment. If you're looking to pay off your debt sooner with a shorter term, lower your monthly payment with a longer term, or consolidate your loans into one simple monthly payment, you're in the right place.
When you refinance your student debt with UW Credit Union, you can:
- Refinance one loan or multiple loans (minimum of $5,000 total). Federal loans, parent PLUS loans and private student loans can be refinanced.
- Get a fixed or variable rate with a term of 5, 7, 10, or 15 years.
- Variable rates are capped at 15%.
- Get a 0.25% discount on your rate when you enroll in automatic payments.1
- Forget about hidden fees. You won't pay a cent in annual fees or pre-payment penalties.
- Get help from our experts any time you need it. The refinance process is easy to navigate, and we're always here to help.
- Take a break - Over the life of your loan, you can request up to two 3-month occurrences of interest-only payments and up to two 3-month occurrences of forbearance (skip a payment).2
Refinance - Variable Rate
Refinance - Fixed Rate
Take an additional 0.25% off your rate with automatic payments!1
Get in Touch
Understanding your loan shouldn't feel like studying for a thermodynamics final. That's why our local experts help simplify your options, so you can focus your studies on the future.