Better Benefits Start Here
UW Credit Union is committed to the complete well-being of our employees. We provide comprehensive benefits and perks that go beyond basics to help you to live your best life—at work, at home, in the community and beyond.
See Why We're a Top Employer
- Our Foundation Wage ensures all employees earn at least $16 per hour
- We conduct regular benchmark studies to keep wages competitive
Generous Paid Time Off
The average full-time employee can expect:
- 172 hours of paid time off per year, which increases with your years of employment
- 9 paid holidays (including your birthday!)
- 16 hours of paid volunteer time
Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave
- 80 hours of paid time off for a birth, adoption or foster care placement in your family
- 80 hours of paid time off to care for an ill family member or a newborn, newly adopted child or newly placed foster child
- Short-term disability may also offer paid time off
Robust 401(k) Program
- We match 100% of the first 4% you contribute plus 50% of the next 2% you contribute
- We may also contribute an annual profit-sharing amount of up to 4% of your annual base salary
- All employees ages 18+ who have been employed for at least 1 month can participate in our 401(k) program
- Participants are fully vested after 2 years
Affordable & Comprehensive Insurance
- Medical, dental and vision benefits are available to employees who work 30+ hours per week and their eligible dependents, including spouses, children and domestic partners
- Additional coverage options include AD&D, critical illness insurance, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability
Enjoy Extra Employee Perks
In addition to the essentials, we provide a range of complementary resources and opportunities. From supporting your continuing education to offering flexible working hours, we’re here for you.
- On-site biometric screenings
- Life and crisis counseling
- CPR training
- Employee Resource Groups
- Flexible scheduling
- Health coaches
- Employee development courses
- Volunteer opportunities
- Computer purchase program and discounts
- Financial assistance for education
- Employee referral program
- Free BCycle and Bublr bike sharing memberships
- Free bus pass
- Cell phone provider discounts
UW Credit Union Rewards 360°
Learn more about our mission to support your total well-being with robust benefits and a positive work culture.
Health benefits to support body and mind
In addition to medical, dental and vision insurance, we offer the essential elements of well-being, allowing employees to proactively thrive in their personal and professional lives.
Competitive pay and retirement packages
We foster financial health through strong compensation, a matching 401(k) program, and optional insurance plans for life, disability and more.
Inclusive culture and work-life balance
We embrace a diverse, inclusive and flexible working environment with ample paid time off, so you are energized and able to do your best work.
Empowerment to help build your future
Voted a top workplace in Madison and Milwaukee, we recognize success and provide opportunities for continuous learning and individual development to achieve your goals.
Opportunities to give back to others
We are champions in the community, from implementing environmental initiatives to holding blood drives to providing paid volunteer hours.
What Our Employees Say
“UW Credit Union has been a fantastic way for me to grow and develop as a professional. My department, manager and team offer me several opportunities to expand my knowledge on a variety of related topics and continuously recognize me for the work that I do.”
“The people I work with always consider others’ best interest and are continuously supporting me to help develop my skills.”
“The benefit package provided is quite amazing. Wage, paid time off, 401(k) match just increased are things you can’t find everywhere.”
“I’m proud to work for UW Credit Union because we live by our core values. I know that by working for the credit union I’m making a difference in the lives of my coworkers and our members.”
“We have a positive culture that encourages and empowers staff to do what’s best for our members and encourages, facilitates and empowers employees to grow personally and professionally. Does it get any better than that? Nope, doesn’t get any better than that!”