Whether you want to consolidate debt, finance a purchase or pay for an unexpected expense, our personal loans and lines give you the flexibility that allows you to borrow what you need, when you need it.
Fixed-Rate Personal Loan
Take control of your finances with an affordable, fixed-rate personal loan. Choose the amount and term that best fit your needs. Plus, benefit from:
- Competitive low rates
- Fixed monthly payments
- No prepayment penalties
- No annual fees
- No origination fees
Apply online for quick turnaround. Find out which rate you qualify for with no impact to your credit score.
How Personal Loans Work
Personal loans are unsecured loans, which means you don’t need to pledge any collateral to receive funds. They are simple to apply for and may be used for a range of purposes.
After you are approved for a personal loan, you receive the money in one lump sum, which you then pay back in installments.
UW Credit Union personal loans feature:
- Low rates - Typically, personal loans have lower rates than credit cards, making them a great option for those looking to consolidate high-rate debt.
- Fixed terms - Your loan’s rate, term and amount of money are all fixed. Rest easy knowing your payments will stay the same and your rate won’t go up.
- No hidden fees - We provide clear terms and zero surprise fees. You can feel confident that you are getting the right loan for your budget and needs.
Ways to Use a Personal Loan
Personal loans can be used for a variety of needs, including:
- Debt consolidation
- Home improvements
- Medical bills
- Moving expenses
- Education costs
- Vehicle purchase or repair
- Adoption expenses
- Infertility treatment
- Wedding costs
- Vacation or travel
- Emergency expenses
- Other large purchases
Personal Loan Application Process
Applying for a personal loan is easy and takes just a few minutes.
- Specify how much money you want to borrow.
- Answer a few quick questions about yourself.
- Get an answer on your loan, usually within one business day.
That’s it! Upon loan approval, the money is automatically transferred into your account. Set up automatic repayments to make managing your finances even easier.
Loan Payment Protection
If your family would struggle with making monthly payments in the event of a death or disability, consider adding Payment Protection. Contact us to help you decide what’s right for your situation.
Additional Loan Options
You never know when you might have an unexpected expense. Be prepared with our affordable reserve line of credit. Plus, when you pair this service with checking, you have consumer-friendly overdraft protection in case of any minor account miscalculations.
- It’s Affordable — We offer a low interest rate, and you’ll pay interest only on the actual balance.
- No Hidden Costs — There’s no annual fee, cash advance fees or monthly service charge. A $5 transfer fee2 automatically covers your checking overdrafts.
- It's Convenient — Access it 24/7 through Web Branch and use it again and again without reapplying. Plus, set up Notifications to keep you informed on overdraft advances.
Sometimes you just can’t make it to payday. UW Credit Union offers an alternative to payday loans at a low, fixed interest rate. Plus, there’s no application or monthly service fee and no prepayment penalty.
If you’ve been a member for over six months, you may have access to Paycheck Advance through Web Branch if you meet the following requirements:
- Have a personal checking account in good standing
- Receive a payroll direct deposit into your checking account for two consecutive statement cycles
- Maintain a positive loan and credit payment history with no delinquencies or previous owed debt