Family Private Student LoansApply Now
Help pay for your child's college education.
Our family loans are for parents, family members, friends and others who want to help a student pay for college, including expenses such as tuition, rent and meals.
- Borrow up to $20,000 per school year.
- Minimum loan amount is $1,000.
- Choose a repayment term of 5, 10, or 15 years.
- Fixed-rate and variable-rate loan options available.
- Take an additional 0.25% off your rate with automatic payments.1
- No hidden fees, no annual fees, no prepayment penalties.
- Easy application process - see what to expect.
- Student must be enrolled at least half-time in a degree-seeking program at an eligible U.S. school.
How do repayments work?
- Unlike undergraduate loans and graduate loans, family loans cannot be deferred while the student is in school.
- Repayment begins after the loan is fully disbursed.
- Minimum monthly payment is $50. Interest-only payments may be available on request.
- Over the life of your loan, you can request up to two, 3-month increments of interest-only payments and up to two, 3-month increments of forbearance (skip a payment).2
Learn more about student loans and refinancing in our FAQs. See our comparison chart to review family loans, home equity and federal loans.
Apply NowCompare Student LoansCompare Other Loans
Have Questions or Need Help?
Family Loans, Federal Loans or Home Equity?
When it comes to helping your child pay for college, you have options. Check out our comparison chart to see how family loans compare to home equity loans and federal parent PLUS loans.
Request a call with our educational lending team to speak with the experts about your options and help decide what's best for you.
Family - Variable Rate
Family - Fixed Rate
Take an additional 0.25% off your rate with automatic payments!1
Easy Student Loan Process
Our online student loan application is simple. See how it works and what to expect for timing.
View Eligible U.S. Schools
A 4-year, public or private, not-for-profit school located in the U.S., or any 2-year technical college in Wisconsin.
Refinance Student Loans
Already have student loans? Learn about refinancing to simplify your budget and pay off loans faster.